This course is devoted to the skills and fascinating art of traditional Cold Process Soap Making, and one of the most popular soap making methods.
On this fully hands on workshop with Soap School, you will learn to make beautiful moisturising soaps using all natural ingredients. If you want to make luscious natural handmade soaps using traditional oils, exotic butters and essential oils from scratch the traditional way, then enrolling on Soap Schools' cold process soap making course is where you need to be. You will also learn how to use a wide range of herb and natural botanicals effectively in your soaps.
There is no prior experience required, just a willingness to experience the joy of creating your own soaps from scratch. Learn in a hands on environment in small friendly groups. A full handout and recipe sheets are also supplied as well as useful top tips plus free soapmaking resource information.
Whether you just want to make a couple of batches a year for your own use or you have a passion to starting up your own soap business, this is the ideal course to help you realise your soapmaking dreams.
You will be looking at:
- Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials, ingredients and equipment
- Safety aspects of working with sodium hydroxide (caustic soda)
- Choosing oils, saponification values
- How to use lye calculators
- Colouring soap naturally with herbs & spices
- Using pure essential oils to fragrance your soap effectively
- How to create layers & sculpted layers
- Learn how to create several types of swirl effects
- Preparation of your moulds and moulding options
- Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
But there's more!
On completion of the course you will also have full access to the course through our bespoke online training centre.
- You will be able to go over the entire course online material, and watch the step by step videos to recap on any points in the comfort of your own home, as many times as you like.
- Bonus recipes and soap making projects are included for you to enjoy
- Ingredient and equipment suppliers information are provided
You will also receive a certificate of completion for this course.If you really want to learn how to make your own soap from industry experts with over 25 years in the industry, just click on the button and let's book your place right now!