There is no other way to describe this course but EXTREME!
The Soap School are opening the doors to it's Soap Boot Camp being held in Regents University, Central London and in Huddersfield.
There is no requirement for any previous experience but even experienced soapers will still learn plenty of new techniques and tricks on this 2 day course.
Just look at the programme:
Starting with the fundamentals and simple natural soaps and then moving on to more advanced techniques such as layering and swirl soaps. Lots of fun in a hands on soap workshop learning the skills of making traditional soaps using natural ingredients to a professional level.
- Traditional Cold Process Soap Making
- Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials, ingredients and equipment
- Safety aspects of working with sodium hydroxide (caustic soda)
- Colouring soap naturally with herbs, spices & clays
- Using pure essential oils to fragrance your soap effectively
- Learn how to create swirl effects
- Creating highly visual layered soaps
- Preparation of your moulds and moulding options
- Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
On completion of the hands on making section of the soap making workshop, you will begin the
Labelling & Compliance Workshop which finishes around 7.30 p.m.
- This is a must do course for anybody making their own products.
- Every part of the labelling is regulated and it is a minefield to know what needs to be listed and in exactly what format.
- Do you know what the declarable allergens are within your fragrance and essential oils?
- Do you know to calculate them and how to show them on your labels?
- Do you know how to use the correct way to declare your ingredients on the label?
- Can you use the correct INCI format for your ingredients and are you aware of the ways that you are legally allowed to declare your ingredients?
- Do you know how to show the product shelf life?
- Are you fully aware of how the weights or measures apply to your product?
- Do you know what must be labelled and what does not require a label?
Here are just a few of the things we will be covering on the session:
Labelling - The what, why, how, where and when guide!
CI or colour index numbers
Jargon buster and abbreviation guide
Hazards and warnings
Weights & measures
If you thought day 1 was fabulous just wait until day 2!
Start the day with the Soap School taking you through the skills and techniques to make your own
Natural liquid soaps &
Liquid soaps outsell bar soaps 8:1 so this a real bonus in any soap making repertoire. If that isn't reason enough, then the feel of it will certainly persuade you. Washing with a handmade liquid soap is like washing with liquid silk and you will never use another detergent based soap again once tried.
Whilst the process takes several hours we will have plenty of time to talk about the Cream soaps and the large number of ways you can adapt them. Cream soaps are one of the most delicious and exciting soaps to create. It's natural soft texture silky and naturally pearlised appearance lends itself to several exclusive soap products and we will explore these including making a luxury shaving cream.
The numbers are strictly limited and will go fast so ensure you get your place booked fast!
I am sure you will have lots of questions so please do feel free to ask us any questions either by telephoning us on 01484 310014 or via email email@example.com
I am so excited to be able to bring this Soap Camp to you but even happier that I can offer it to you at such an amazing price.
You can secure your place on this course either by paying an initial deposit of £100 or pay in full with the appropriate button below.